Logic Friday is a freeware tool for students, hobbyists, and engineers who work with legacy digital logic circuits based on standard IC packages.
Current version: 1.1.4, released 9 November, 2012.
With Logic Friday you can:
- Enter a logic function as a truth table, an equation, or a gate diagram
- Enter functions with up to 16 inputs and 16 outputs
- Minimize a function with options of fast or exact minimization
- Automatically generate a multi-level gate diagram using gates chosen from a library
- Automatically minimize the number of standard gate packages
- Trace the logic state of each gate's inputs and outputs for a given input vector
- Compare logic functions
- Generate new functions as logical combinations of others
- View any function as a truth table, equation, or gate diagram
- Generate efficient, compact C code lookup functions from logic functions
- Save functions and gate diagram images to files
- Export and import truth tables as CSV files for editing in spreadsheet applications.
Logic Friday uses espresso for minimization and misII for gate diagram synthesis.* Both programs are included with the download.
- Microsoft Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5 or later
- Pentium-class PC, 450 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 10 MB hard disk space
*Espresso and misII are copyright © 1988-1993, Regents of the University of California.